Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 3 Recap - Plano, TX is STILL in the House!!

…and weekend 1 comes to a close.

Momma’s House (Sharolyn) is leading the pack after round 2! She’s starting to make me nervous. How about you? I keep thinking about Bone’s first video where he said, “Y’all don’t know nothin’ about basketball in Texas! Texas is a football state! Up here in Indiana, it’s all about the hoops, Baby!”…blah, blah, blah. Ummmm? Strange. Actually, it very strange considering he’s in 25th place…his wife (Jada) is in 21st place…and his daughters (Jernie & Jordan) are in 25th and 27th place (…and I think they all still live in Indiana). Obviously, they had a family meeting and created there brackets together. There’s no other way to explain why they’re all bringing up the rear. Bone, as a favor to all of us (please, please) produce another “funny” video. Perhaps this one can capture the true emotion of your household at this point in the tournament. I think it would be R E A L L Y funny this time. :-) Hang in there Lil” Brother…

Jordan, at least you have your sister (Jernie) with you now. Isn’t this fun? Next year, call your Uncle John to help you pick your teams. I can at least get you to the middle of the pack. Your daddy is too busy making videos!

One of the most consistent bracketeers this year is Jasen. Lookin’ good little man…but don’t start making room for the trophy just yet. There are a lot of games left to be played. I do promise to send you a picture of the trophy. Would you like that? :-)

Williams2 (Keynan) has worked his way up to tie for second. Welcome to the party, lil' cuz. I also see there’s another Ft. Worth player (Champ07 – Doris Smith) in the house. She’s slowly working her way up the ranks. My only advice to her is, “enjoy it now.” …and yes, I am referring to the trophy. I doubt (very seriously) that you’ll repeat. It could be another 20 years before you luck out again. Start looking for a UPS or FedEx. I expect the trophy to be mailed AS SOON AS you lose! So…take a few pictures (...send one to Jasen) and prepare to say goodbye. It was nice while it lasted.

I see you UKnowK (Karyn). I see you. Somehow you’ve worked your way into 4th place. Apparently, you’re not taking the advice of your husband (Jimbo Stars) who is currently tied for 21st place. Good for you.

Hello Morgan. Hello Cam Jae. Thank you for hangin’ out with Uncle John (Graves1) in 12th place. It nice here isn’t it? :-) I may not be here much longer though. You see, Uncle John made some bad choices and he’s gonna drop in the coming weeks. He picked Duke to win the National Championship…and they’ve already lost. :-) So…it’s not gonna get better for your Uncle John. Please be nice to me when I fall. :-(

Finally… JPhil (Jodi), perhaps you should have gotten a little coaching from Cam Jae or Wisemen (Carl). Just a friendly piece of advice… ‘Cause you’re not looking good right now. You’re sitting next to Bone. You should recognize him. He’s the one with the video camera. :-)

Signed,
The Commissioner!

No comments: